Internet connected but browser not working

Closed
opelander Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2014 - Aug 10, 2014 at 01:04 PM
opelander Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2014 - Aug 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM
my browsers are all down(chrome is giving me err_connection_reset) saying they have no connection but Skype is still up and running, my steam shop is down too (giving me error 105, 101 and as far as I remember also a 108)but I can still see my friends online and I can still play with them.

I've taken a lot of scans on my computer (iobit malware fighters, avast, advanced systemcare, malwarebytes and adwcleaner(which crashed every time it got to cleaning my browser))
I've also tried the cmd command "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"

pls help
(sorry if I made mistakes in the text English isn't my first language)

2 responses

opelander Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2014
Aug 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM
i did it through device manager i Found out that the drivers were outdated, but for some reason it doesnt seem to be the problem since the problem is still there.

btw it actually works in safe mode

thx for the reply and I hope you can help fixing this
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Aug 10, 2014 at 09:17 PM
the server's transport detected a error condition and reset your TCP/IP connection. There lots of reasons for this but it is best to focus on the ones that are caused by your side of the connection (you can fix those).
Number 1: your network driver assembles a TCP/IP packet incorrectly (corrupts a packet) the checksum routines request the packet again, the server
sends it and your network driver assembles it incorrectly (again) the checksum routine finds a error and request the packet to be sent again, the server does this over and overt until a certain counter goes off and the server gives up and resets your connection.

same thing happens if your netcard just drops a packet, it just keeps asking for the packet # over and over. server sends it over and over then gives up and resets the connection.

Ok, number one solution to this problem is to update your network drivers to a current version.

if you do this and it fails, you could be in the rare condition where the packets are being corrupted by your router or some other network device.
but that takes more effort to prove/fix. Just start with your network driver update and see if that fixes your issu
opelander Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM
pls answer