Battery at 100% full. Windows hibernated the laptop. AC adapter was taken off the wall. (note: Laptop was working flawlessly since purchase - a year ago).
1. When plugging AC adapter into the wall, nothing happens, laptop does not power on, no lights (on front left of laptop) go on.
2. When AC adapter is disconnected from laptop, and plugged into the wall, the AC adapter's light turns on, but - as soon as the AC adapter is plugged into the laptop, the AC adapter light turns off and nothing is happening on the laptop: no lights are on and power-on does not start.
3. Trying to start the laptop with just the buttery (which was full a few hours ago) produce same results as in 2 above, nothing is starting and no lights are turning on.
4. Taking the battery off and trying to start the laptop without it, produces same negative results as in 2 above.
My analysis: Seems to me that since the AC adapter light does go on when it's not connected to the laptop, the AC adapter is not the culprit.
Likewise, since the battery was okay last night (it would keep the laptop working for longer than two hours) and there were no events that could damage it physically, the battery should not be blamed also.
Thus, the clues point to something in the laptop itself.
1. Do you have similar experience with Dell laptops: what cased your problem?
2. Or, from your experience, what may cause my non powering-on laptop?