My hidden files are not unhidden

Solved/Closed
GOGO - Mar 18, 2009 at 01:30 AM
 Matjeka Chaole - Sep 29, 2010 at 05:11 AM
Hello,
am gaurav .am facing problem since last few days,the problem is that i have some hidden files in one of my drive,but those hidden files are now not unhidden.i tried to unhidden those files by clicking the tools tab and then folder options and then clicking the show hidden files.i know this problem occurs due to viruses,but i dont want to format my hard disk.please give my question,s solution as soon as posible.
Related:

2 responses

ixtremed1 Posts 27 Registration date Monday August 4, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2009 10
Mar 18, 2009 at 03:54 AM
Hello.

You should go in your command prompt

start>run>cmd

Type your pen drive location example : F:

then type: attrib

It will show you all hidden files on your pen drive.

To show them simplye type : attrib -s -h -r

Open your pen drive on my computer and you will see the hidden file
Buddy , It Doesn't However Work On Transcend USBs . I Was In the Same Problem But Now , I've Got Rid Of It. If You're With Me , Purchase Any Other USB Than Transcend . It's Very Troublesome With Windows. Now The Solution...Download This Data Recovery Tool.Worked4 me might as well work 4 u too :
https://filehippo.com/download_recuva/
jd_ Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 16, 2009
Nov 16, 2009 at 04:02 PM
Hello
Thx this is working also on C: and D:, but i have a problem i have one file hidden in Program files and attrib does not work.
Can u help me please.

thx
Really thanks ixtremed1. it worked and i got my files back.......u rock.....take care
Matjeka Chaole
Sep 29, 2010 at 05:11 AM
You can use the following commands in MS-DOS "attrib -h -s -r ?:\* /s /d" where "?" is your drive (e.g e, f, g, etc). This will unhide all your files and folders in your drive, including the sub-files and sub-folders. Good luck with that. Peace !!