No display

Closed
kings - 13 Feb 2015 à 15:30
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 - 14 Feb 2015 à 04:12
Hello

I was seeing a movie on my laptop, all of a sudden it ran into an error that caused it to restart, along that restarting, it turned blank, and I had to force shut it down with the power button.I. switched it on again later, but it's Still blank, please what do I do. it beeps repeatedly for sometime anytime I switch it on.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
13 Feb 2015 à 16:11
Hello

Can you describe the beeps, long, short, pauses, etc.

What is make and model of your laptop?

What is your operating system?

Have you recently added software or hardware?
its short beeps,like a timer,keeps in repeating itself, the model is dell N5010,it came with a windows 7 ,but i installed a windows eight a year ago and the only software i added was about three weeks ago,i dont think thats the problem
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166 > kings
13 Feb 2015 à 16:39
Yes, the software could have an impact.
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
13 Feb 2015 à 16:40
Look at this link for Dell beep codes:

http://www.bioscentral.com/postcodes/dellbios.htm
I saw the list of codes, Thanks but how do I know Which particular beep is occurring in my laptop
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166 > kings
14 Feb 2015 à 04:12
You can hear them