Blank screen problem

Closed
Nduks Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2015 - Feb 16, 2015 at 10:18 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 16, 2015 at 01:33 PM
My Toshiba Windows 8 Satellite laptop is going blank after I type in the password, model C50-B-13T
Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 16, 2015 at 01:33 PM
Hi Nduks,

Can you start it in safe mode? ... to get there try this -

1) When you boot to the login screen, hold down the SHIFT key and click on Restart. This will take you to the troubleshooting option screen where you can enable Safe Mode.
2) Click on the Troubleshoot button.
3) Select Advanced Options.
4) Now choose the Windows Startup Settings option.
5) Finally hit the Restart button.

This should let you into the Advanced Boot Options screen. Choose Safe Mode (using the arrow keys) and hit the Enter Key. When it eventually opens dont worry if the icons look big and the screen shows wierd colours - it may be using different graphice settings in Safe Mode.

If you get there and you can see a desktop and the start button works then it is possibly a startup program/service that is causing this issue - perhaps you installed new software, or a driver has been updated. You can try now to use System Restore to take oyu to a time where you know the machine worked. I prefer to use the restore point before the date you know works. It might also be worth performing a virus check before the restore - assuming it lets you.

Let me know how you get on.