Acer laptop not coming on

Closed
lamb - Apr 3, 2015 at 04:47 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 9, 2015 at 04:56 AM
Hello,
i have a acer laptop that wont switch on it was working ok, the blue power light comes on and the fan can be heard. The charger is ok as the charger light comes on when plugged in . I have tried removing battery and doing the reset thing pressing power button but nothing. I did briefly get it in safe mode before the battery ran out. Any ideas ?????

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 9, 2015 at 04:56 AM
Hello lamb,

You said that you can hear the fan spinning up, but can you hear the hard drive too? If you can't hear the drive spin up, then the problem might be hidden within a faulty drive or faulty power supply. If your laptop is out of warranty, you can open it, pull out the drive and try to connect it as an external one to another PC via SATA-USB cable/adaptor. If your HDD does not work on any other PC you might consider its replacement.

Hope this helps,

KY_WD