Not booting

Closed
Satishyy Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday May 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 11, 2015 - May 11, 2015 at 11:03 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - May 12, 2015 at 01:09 AM
I already posted a default of my laptop 5 days before that it is not booting as BOOTMGR file is missing. As per your suggestion I got Windows 7 installation CD I tried to repair the Windows. While on inserting the CD I didn't get any option for F8(for repair option). In my laptop only F2 & F12 option is there. On that options neither I didn't get repair option nor change boot from CD. Please suggest me a way to rectify this problem.

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
May 12, 2015 at 01:09 AM
Hello satishyy,

Be sure that the DVD you are using is for the same edition of Windows 7 that you are trying to repair - for example, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit or whatever specific version that you have. A full installation disc can be used for repair even if you have an OEM system. No product key is required in this process.

Put the disc in your optical drive and restart to boot from the DVD.

You may have to change the boot settings in your BIOS if booting from a CD/DVD is not enabled see how here.

Watch for the "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD" message.

On the "Install Windows" screen, make the appropriate selections for language, time, and keyboard, and then click "Next".

On the next screen, click "Repair Your Computer". Do not click "Install now"

In "System Recovery Options", select which operating system you want to restore if any are listed. It will be blank in many systems with only one operating system.

Click "Next".

The "System Recovery Options" screen shown below will open.

Select "Startup Repair" or whichever option you wish to apply.