Delayed boot up and cant recognize internet after power outage

Closed
Azureol Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2015 - Jun 8, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 9, 2015 at 03:52 AM
Hi im having trouble with my pc, it started earlier after the power outage so of course the first thing I did was turn on my pc. Didnt notice anything weird as I went to do some other stuff while it boots up. I notced that when I try to connect to the internet and it wont even if the lights on the modem were all on, supposedto be working as they should be (Was using the internet before the blackout, doubt its my modem causing problems, already checked the cable connecting to pc from it too plus Im using it now from another device to write this) and so I decided to restart it and same thing happened, no network access, went to do another thing while it boots up, again I didnt notice anything. Same results so I shut it down for a minute while removing the cable from the modem, started it up again and suddenly, it was just a blank screen. I waited for it and it did boot up but not instantly so I had to wait for it, like I turned it on but nothing else happens, only later will it start to boot. This is the first time something like this happened to me and I have a huge feeling my hardware got messed up after the power outage but I dnt know what kind of problem. Any kind of help is highly appreciated as I need network access as soon as possible due to work.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jun 8, 2015 at 04:12 PM
Hello

Was your computer connected to a power bar with surge protection?
Azureol Posts 2 Registration date Monday June 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2015
Jun 9, 2015 at 02:29 AM
Yes it is but I dont believe it has a surge protector
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jun 9, 2015 at 03:52 AM
Hi Azureol,

Often, when power is turned back on, there is a surge, power comes on with higher intensity then usual. The consequence is that it will burn circuits, especially the power supply. Sometimes other electronic gadgets in the home such as tv's will be damaged. Computers are especially vulnerable.

I suggest you consult a technician but it may be cheaper to buy another machine, you must compare. Ensure in the future that you have a power bar with a surge protector, they often come with a warranty for your computer.

Sorry and good luck