Can't access to the seagate harddisk

Closed
aelus - Jun 22, 2015 at 12:39 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jun 23, 2015 at 02:17 AM
Hello,

i have a question about the seagate external hard disk, when i plug in the hard disk to my laptop (DELL) window 7, it is running, it also showed in hidden icon, but it didn't show up in "My Computer", it shows up in computer management but i still cant open it, i would really appreciate if this problem can be solve, i would say thank you at 1st. the hard disk is just bought not more than 1 week\

Thank you very much

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jun 23, 2015 at 02:17 AM
Hi Aelus,

I would advise you to open Device Manager and check if the drive is listed there, under USB devices. If you find it, uninstall it, restart the PC and plug the device back in. The OS should reinstall the controllers. Enter Disk Management and check if the drive is listed there. Does it have a drive letter and a file format? I recommend you to check the device on another PC and with another USB cable. If the device is not recognized on another computers, contact the reseller and get a drive replacement.

Hope this helps