Thi smorning a system has had a problem. When I try to open Outlook, I get the following error:
"Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file H:\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Close any application that is using the file, and then try again. You might need to restart your computer."
I cannot use scanpst to try fo fix it. I receive the same message as a bove.
I have rebooted my server.
I have removed and reinstalled Office 2010. I have checked on Experts Exchange and have found no resolution.
Outlook.pst cannot be opened
Outlook pst is in use and cannot be accessed - Best answers
1. Open the repair utility provided with Outlook. Because there is no shortcut from Outlook or your computer desktop, you may not be aware it exists. To launch the program from Vista or Windows 7, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12. Look for the Scanpst.exe file. Double click on the file to launch the utility.
2. The program presents a dialogue box that allows you to browse to your PST file. Unless you designated a different location for your PST file, the best way to find the file is to do a search by entering "%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook" into your search window from either the start menu or address bar.
3. After locating your PST file, click on the "Start" button to begin the scanning function of the program. This scan may take some time depending on the size of your PST file. When the scan is finished, the utility will report if errors were found or not. If so, you have the option of backing up your PST file before the repairs are executed. Click on the check box and select a target path where you want the backup PST file to be saved.
4. Click on the "Repair" button. Again, be patient as the program executes repair actions. When finished, the "Repair complete" dialogue box appears. The Scanpst.exe program will log actions performed in the repair process to a log file located in the same folder as your original PST file. The file will be a simple text (TXT) document with the same name as your PST file.
5. With the repair procedure complete, re-open Outlook
6. In case you can't do anything even via the guide, make use of powerful instrument