Trouble with my linksys router I THINK...

Closed
sekhth Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009 - Mar 30, 2009 at 09:22 PM
sekhth Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009 - Mar 31, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Hi everybody,

I just bought a linksys router yesterday the model is WRT160N and i ran the CD and did everything as instructed on the box. Everything was good until this morning I opened firefox and i couldnt go to any website cause i guess it wasnt picking up on my connection or something...I was able to connect with my IExplorer but not firefox....Im really confused and I dont know what should I do about it. Please I need some help, Im clueless.

2 responses

robotghoul Posts 4 Registration date Sunday March 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2009
Mar 30, 2009 at 09:52 PM
well if ie works then it's not your internet or router. something must be wrong with your firefox. whats your signal strength on your router? how far are you from it? also is this a wireless connection we're talking about?
sekhth Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009
Mar 31, 2009 at 10:56 AM
The computer is wired to the router. The signal appear to be good too. Im using this same router to get wireless connection to other devices and they are working fine....The only problem Im having is with Firefox....I checked to make sure that firefox was under the exceptions to the firewall cause somebody told me that the firewall blocking it can be the issue...but i guess thats not the issue.

Thanks for trying to help...Im not good with computers at all.