Everything opening in explorer

Solved/Closed
jklima Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 25, 2015 - Jul 25, 2015 at 04:34 PM
 Jeffrklima - Jul 30, 2015 at 01:44 PM
I know that I hit the wrong key. When I did everything started coming up as the windows explorer icon. Asking me if I wanted to save or run...

I managed to get some of the stuff changed back which is why my Google Chrome is working however... I read the answer about going into run and doing all of that. My problem is I can get to run punch in regedit but from there it cycles through to the explorer bit asking me if I want to save or run. Then it tells me its an unfamiliar program then when i say to go ahead it starts the cycling through never opening that program. it gets stuck. is there an alternative to dis-associating Explorer from all the programs as the default? My Firefox is no longer working either because of this. Help! argh! Sorry for being so computer un-savy. It's very frustrating on my end of this. Thanks to whoever can help me out with this. I really appreciate it! Jeffry
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 25, 2015 at 05:29 PM
Hi thank you for the response. However that doesn't fix my problem. Everything comes up in Internet Explorer wanting me to save then run and it just cycles around without doing anything. Another problem that I have is I don't quite understand what reg files are. I'm not experienced at all in the terminology. Thank you for trying. I know I hit a wrong button. I can't get restore to open. I was hoping that could take it back however it also just opens in explorer doing nothing. Argh! Heh heh heh. Very frustrating.
Xpcman. Thank you so much for giving me help. I sat down with the information you gave me sorted through it bit by bit looked up the terms and was able to figure out what I had done and how to set everything back to the way it should be. All that from somebody who apparently (meaning me) can't tell a computer from my right thumb Heh heh heh. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm back on track.