Internal hdd wont work.

Closed
pikkuhakki - Aug 21, 2015 at 09:26 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 21, 2015 at 06:05 PM
Hello,
i recently purchased a gaming pc and the peasant that i am i dont know too much about the subject, but what i do know that i have 1 120gb ssd and an additional 1tb hdd. now i went ahead and downloaded arma 3 and bf4 onto my ssd but that pretty much filled it up, i wanted to download some mods until i noticed that the hdd is full, deleted some useless files i accidentally installed on my ssd and decided to move on to hdd. now this is where i ran ito trouble, my pc wont let me install anything on my hdd. i tried to go and see if it was activated from buis but it was, i tried to activate it from windows but it still wont let me (the computer recognizes it and knows its there). there might be an easy solution and maybe im just a noob but hopefully you guys can help

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 21, 2015 at 06:05 PM
OK, hang in there.

When you install the software, where do you install it?

The blocksize setting, do you know how big the blocks of the drive are? If your blocks are set to the highest, and you have a 16kb file (like a small picture or sprite), then it still takes up the whole size of the block that you created.

Here is cut and paste "This leads to space inefficiency due to internal fragmentation, since file lengths are often not integer multiples of block size, and thus the last block of a file may remain partially empty. This will create slack space, which averages half a block per file. Some newer file systems attempt to solve this through techniques called block suballocation and tail merging.", from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_(data_storage

I hope this might explain what happened. GOsh, you might think I have been reading about disk configs and the different RAIDS for Different applications.

I have said it once, I will say it again. IT!