Detected external drive but cannot access

Closed
ibsbilyas Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2015 - Oct 3, 2015 at 10:40 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 5, 2015 at 03:14 AM
Hello,
I have a WD My passport hard 2TB, disk that working good before. now I have a problem the computer can detected it but I can't access to the file inside. the folder partition name also change to "Local Disk (:I)", not the name I rename before.
Everytime I try to open or explore the file and this msg will come up :
"L:\is not accessible. There are even times that My Computer will display "not responding"
I have a very important file inside and I don't want to to lost it.
I hope someone can help me...
thanks
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 5, 2015 at 03:14 AM
Hi ibsbilyas,

I am sorry for the problems you are facing with your My Passport. Could you enter in Disk Management and check if the drive appears as expected. Try to assign a new drive letter. Use the chkdsk D: /f command from the Command Prompt, where D should be your My Passport's drive letter.
I strongly recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. I leave a download link to Data Lifeguard Diagnostic, the diagnostic tool of Western Digital. Check the drive for errors.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=0w3NX1 - Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows

Hope this helps

Western Digital Representative