My Wd external hard disk is not detecting

Closed
Pt Naresh Pillai - Oct 30, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Oct 30, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Hello, Pl help me to show up in my computor ad open files.It is blinking light but not opening...pl help me inside dact are very important.

Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Oct 30, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Hey there, Pt Naresh Pillai.

I'm truly sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your drive. Did you have any problems with the HDD prior to this happening (any unusual sounds/noises, slow transfer speed, etc)? Was the drive damaged in any way (dropped or anything like that)?
I'd recommend that you check if the drive is detected by Disk Management and Device Manager. If no, I'd suggest that you try the HDD with a different USB cable and a different computer to see if the same thing happens. You could try accessing the external drive via Ubuntu Live USB/DVD, to see if it is properly recognized and if you can get to your files, or give data recovery software a try. Unfortunately if nothing seems to work for you, you may try a professional solution, such as a data recovery company: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=FHXWx5

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD