DNS might be unavailable

Closed
JasmineSow Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2015 - Nov 8, 2015 at 02:41 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Nov 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM
Hi all... Pls consider my pblm...
I recently formatted my acer aspire. Aftr tat i could not cnct to internet. It says DND might b unavailable. Sometimes Windws cant communicate with dns.

I tried many solns like ipconfig...reset router..open dns...google dns...allwd browser in firewall...no AV...no proxy..automatic IP and DNS..physical addrs as network addrss value... Everythng... Still I am facing same pblm... Its really annoying.. Pls help me..

Have a nice day.

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Nov 8, 2015 at 03:06 PM
Hi Jasminesow,

Have you installed the driver for your wireless card?

Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for ur rply sir,

Qualcomm Atheros AR5B97 Network Adapter-netwrk connected
Microsoft Vitual WiFi Miniport Adapter-not connevted

Its says devices are working normally... And are up to date...

Have A Nice Day.
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Nov 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM
Hi Jasmine,

This still sounds like a driver issue to me. Try downloading the drivers from the Acer site and following the Identify the drivers you need instructions (fill out the fields appropriate to your machine). There site is here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Then install the drivers from the location you downloaded them from and hopefully you will be up and running.

If this doesnt work try a WinSock and TCP/IP Refresh by doing the following:

1) Type "Cmd" in the Start Search text box.
2) Right click the CMD shortcut and choose "Run as an Administrator".
3) Type
netsh winsock reset
in the Command Prompt , and then press the [Enter] key.
4) Type
netsh interface ipv4 reset
and then press [Enter]
5) Type
netsh interface ipv6 reset
and press [Enter]
6) Type
ipconfig /flushdns
and press [Enter]
7) Finally, restart your computer.

Let me know how it goes.