Problem with downloads freezing on xp2

Closed
catsi - Apr 10, 2009 at 01:39 PM
 catsi - Apr 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM
Hello,
I have a HP laptop with xp2. Whenever I try to download a video or large computer game or bbc i player, the laptop freezes. I have enough ram and Gb space. I am using pcguard from virgin media. Have been fine up till last few months. I don't download windows updates though I have one for SP2 from ages ago.

Any ideas? I have tried running ccleaner and uninstalling programs that take up loads of unnecessary space. I am wary of downloading free anti-virus software that may clash with what I've already got.

Any advice gratefully received, particularly simple.
Related:

1 response

tnerb40 Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2009
Apr 10, 2009 at 09:50 PM
Hi there,I ran into the very same problem but I promise you that even though you are wary of using other programs that might not do what they claim, take my advice ,my friend this is a malware problem which causes everything to freeze,and the arguable task of turning it off and on again to reboot the system. This will solve your problems and take my advice on this one. Download the new version of Spyware cease version 3.5 free and put in the code for the full version that I have >Its valid for over 20 years. SC672-231A4-4CDPB-BINC9 . Glad to be some help. Email me and let me know how it turned out. Harriott_605@hotmail.com Brent.
Hi

Thanks for the info. I actually updated my windows xp service pack to to sp3 and then ran the spyware cease version 3.5 and one of the programs we were having problems with did download. It did freeze a couple of times but it did download which we've never managed up til now. Not sure if it was because of spy cleaner or sp3 but spy cleaner did say that it picked up loads of bugs that seemed fair comments. Many thanks for your help, it kept me persevering.