My laptop does not detect my external Hard Drive

Closed
Preeti - Dec 18, 2015 at 05:17 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 18, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Hello,

I had moved my imp files to external HDD (1TB Toshiba). While taking backup, there was a power failure. After power restore, when i connect my external HDD to my laptop, the light was on in the HDD, however, the laptop does not detect the HDD.

Can anyone guide me how to retrieve my data?

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 18, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Hello Preeti,

I think you have posted another post on this topic within this forum. That's why I let myself write it once again in case you haven't seen it yet.
I'm interested what operating system do you use? If it's Windows, I suggest that you navigate to Disk management and check whether your external hard drive has a drive letter assigned to it. If there's an unallocated space in grаy you have to assign or change a drive letter to it.
Note: Please beware that if the system wants tо format the drive, you should not let it to do so otherwise you will lose all of your data stored on the exterrnal HDD.
You could connect the Toshiba to see if it's working on another PC.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted what happened.