Computer powering up but not booting up.

Closed
Joshmoo Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 24, 2015 - Dec 24, 2015 at 11:19 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 26, 2015 at 03:13 PM
So I was having a problem running most games. My computer would run it fine. But then after about 5-10 minutes it would turn off. The PC would still be running. But the screen and the audio would be off. I was told that this is because of a faulty power supply. So I bought a new one and installed it and it was working fine until it did the exact same thing as the old one. And turned off mid-game. After this I thought it was because of dust that was gathering in the cpu fan. So I cleaned it out. Also I took the cpu out and put it back in (I don't know whether I should have done that). Then I took the graphics card out and put it back in. Now whenever I power my PC on. All of the fans spin and all of the lights turn on but the computer does not boot up. I just want to know if anybody knows what the problem is and if I can fix it?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 26, 2015 at 03:13 PM
It was not a good idea to mess with computer internals without the training to do it right. Now only a PC Tech can diagnose the problem(s) and have any hope to fix them. It may be cheaper to start over with a new computer.

Good Luck