AOL is working, but IE doesn't

Solved/Closed
frustrateddforayear - Apr 14, 2009 at 04:52 PM
 jbfranks - Jun 10, 2010 at 09:24 AM
Hello,
I have had this problem for a while. I am writing this while using AOL. But if I open up Internet Explorer or even Mozzilla Firefox, the "This page cannot be found" screen comes up and says that I have no network connection.
I have checked and yes, I have the SSL 3.0 and TSL 1.0 up and running. Most frustrating of all is the fact that iTunes store cannot be reached beacuse, of course, I do not have a network connection. Although I think it's clear that I do. because I am on the internet right now.

But now on some sites such as Youtube, Myspace, and Facebook, slowly and one by one, I cannot log in, using AOL.

So by now I am very angry and frustrated and would like some help
PLEASE!

Thank you.

2 responses

I just had this problem, now it is suddenly fixed. I went under Tools, Internet Options (in IE) , Connections, then I saw there were no connections listed, so I clicked Add and added broadband connection & set it to automatically detect. That didn't solve it, so I deleted all the temporary files, and then it suddenly worked! I think it was a combination of both that did the trick.
Hope this helps, good luck.
If you are using internet explorer and fire fox and your explorer is not working, better try to do this!!!
1. start then go to control panel.
2. click internet options, then connections
3. Click LAN settings then it will open automatic configurations.
4. Remove all the check marks you see on automatic configurations and proxy server
5. Press OK