Lenovo G50-45

Closed
Report
-
Posts
19532
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
So, I was drinking a cup of brisk, but idk what I was doing. I was probably getting something. I knocked over my cup and it spilled onto my Laptop's keyboard. I immediately cleaned the keyboard and I forgot to check underneath the laptop because it has vents. I went to go take a shower. I come back to my laptop's screen turned off and the fan is loud. So I check underneath and soda was around the vents. I turn it off, take off the battery, and unscrew the underneath cover. It only got on my ram(just one of them, but like a droplet of it)

I cleaned up the vent and have been letting it dry Since then, but moments ago I popped the battery back on to see if it works. It does, but only the battery and power sign light up. As of now, I took off battery.

1 reply

Posts
19532
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
1,944
It's the sugar in the soda that conducts electricity, even after the liquid dries. Perhaps it can be cleaned by a PC repair shop.

Good news is the hard drive is probably OK.

Good Luck