Lenovo G50-45

Closed
Enigma - Feb 16, 2016 at 07:09 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 16, 2016 at 07:37 PM
So, I was drinking a cup of brisk, but idk what I was doing. I was probably getting something. I knocked over my cup and it spilled onto my Laptop's keyboard. I immediately cleaned the keyboard and I forgot to check underneath the laptop because it has vents. I went to go take a shower. I come back to my laptop's screen turned off and the fan is loud. So I check underneath and soda was around the vents. I turn it off, take off the battery, and unscrew the underneath cover. It only got on my ram(just one of them, but like a droplet of it)

I cleaned up the vent and have been letting it dry Since then, but moments ago I popped the battery back on to see if it works. It does, but only the battery and power sign light up. As of now, I took off battery.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 16, 2016 at 07:37 PM
It's the sugar in the soda that conducts electricity, even after the liquid dries. Perhaps it can be cleaned by a PC repair shop.

Good news is the hard drive is probably OK.

Good Luck