-
Registration date
Saturday January 17, 2015
Status
Last seen
June 16, 2020
-
Hello,

I bought my asus zenbook last week and it came in just yesterday. its barely a day old. I barely touched it yesterday, but today after work, I decided to test out the new laptop and whatnot and the sound doesn't work. I've checked all the sound and volume and it's not on mute or low volume. When I try to run a test to see if the sound works, it said failed to run test. I've tried plugging in my headphones to see if I can hear from it, but there's no sound coming from my headphones either.

Please help!

1 reply

Registration date
Status
Last seen
June 16, 2020
With this being a new purchase, you should go to the vendor and ask for a refund or replacement. New equipment should just work without you having to make changes to it.
I actually called the manufacturer and they helped me fix the problem. Thanks for replying tho :)
Registration date
Status
Last seen
June 16, 2020
Could you share the solution in case it helps others (and me) please?
>
Registration date
Status
Last seen
June 16, 2020

what they had told me to do was update the sound driver and then restart the computer. I did that and it worked for me after restarting my computer. hope this helps :)
Registration date
Status
Last seen
June 16, 2020
Superb. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this will help others in a similar situation.