Installing a new hard drive

Closed
red - May 29, 2008 at 02:40 AM
 amy - Dec 4, 2009 at 01:50 AM
Hello,
I;m trying to install a new hard drive into a WinBookxl2 notebook. Ineed to know how to configure this hardware so that my notebook can work properly again.
Related:

2 responses

I just installed a new hard drive into a Dell Latitude laptop because the old one crashed. I didn't have to configure anything.... i took the old one out, slid the new one in, and then booted from a windows re-install CD. This allowed me to install windows xp again. I have had problems in the past with hard drives for desktop pc's, because there is a jumber that needs to be placed correctly to tell the pc if the drive is the master or the slave.
Hi Smiley,

could you please let me know for which model you have installed hard drive, becoz i am having dell inspiron 510m model. i have put new drive (seagate one) but i am not able to boot from dvd rom. even i have got original OS cds with me and changed the boot order in BIOS but still it did not work for me. could you please help me in this case.... i think DELL configures some kind of passcodes inside the hard disk which are checked before booting...
Steve > theLion
Dec 21, 2008 at 04:40 PM
I am having the same problem, did you ever get any help?
mellor Posts 3 Registration date Sunday November 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2009 > theLion
Nov 30, 2009 at 01:19 PM
you might have to change the boot order in BIOS, i know thats what i had to do in the past, though this was with a different make
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i am facing the vary same problem...
what the hell is this