My dell 5050 won't on

Closed
joya - May 4, 2016 at 04:51 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - May 5, 2016 at 05:46 AM
Hello,

My laptop dell 5050 won't on...
Charger shows the green light when plugged but won't still on....
I've tried removing the battery several times and putting back including the reset, still won't work....
I removed the battery but put in the charger, it came on for about 5 seconds and went off...
I put the battery back and connect it with the charger, still not coming on.....
The laptop is not indicating if it's charging or not when connected to the charger
Please help me out, thanks.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
May 5, 2016 at 05:46 AM
Hello joya,

When you plug the charger into the jack, nothing can be heard from the fan and/or the hard drive, is that correct?
If the warranty of your laptop has expired I suggest you to take out the hard drive and try to connect it to another computer via SATA-USB cable. If your hard drive spins up on a different computer and it is recognized there, but cannot power up on your laptop, then the problem is hiding probably in the power supply unit on your motherboard. While on another PC, I suggest you to make a backup of your files. You could do that by using third-party software for backups.
I think, the best thing you should do is to bring your laptop to a technician to make a test of the power connector and/or the power jack center because they might have got damaged. The technician could make a complete test to the motherboard also.

Hope this helps.