PS3 cannot connect to Wifi

Closed
Kim - May 6, 2016 at 07:00 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 6, 2016 at 05:12 PM
Hello, I have recently changed my router from a NETGEAR (which broke) to a ZyXEL router.

Although I am able to connect to PSN via a wired connection, I am unable to connect via wireless. The PS3 cannot scan for any networks, it retuns 'No Access Point Detected'. Custom setup returns unable to obtain IP error message.

Here is what I have tried so far:

-Restarting the PS3
-Unplug / replug the router
-Restart router via router settings.
-Restore router to factory default settings.
-Restore PS3 to factory default settings.
-Disable media server.
-Custom setup - manually entering IP and DNS settings.
-Changed the channel from the default 13, to both 1 and 6 with no success.

None of the above works and it's very frustrating.

The only time my PS3 can pick up my network is straight after I have done PS3 Restore to factory settings, just after setting up the time, I have the option to set up the network. It successfully finds my SSID even showing that it is a 100% strong connection. However, after that, when the epilepsy and seizure message comes on and I am back in the menu, it can no longer detect the SSID thus still unable to connect to PSN.

I am at my ends wits. I have read about SSID Broadcasting but I cannot locate that anywhere in my router settings which I have gone through with a fine toothcomb. The only thing I can find in regards to SSID is 'Enable SSID Autogeneration' which is checked.

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 6, 2016 at 05:12 PM
OK, is your router broadcasting on the B/G band, or just N? PS3 does not have an N rated card. You have to change the configuration so your router will broadcast on the g/b/n bands. Try that and let us know!