Toshiba Satellite Mouse Lock

Closed
multiple__scelrosis__fighter Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 10, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2016 - Jun 10, 2016 at 07:37 PM
multiple__scelrosis__fighter Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 10, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2016 - Jun 11, 2016 at 09:44 PM
I have a Toshiba Satellite. Frequently while typing, the mouse locks without my hitting the F5 button. My husband has the same model laptop (we bought them new at the same time). His eventually locked up and he is no longer able to unlock it. Is there a way to prevent this from happening, or is it a common problem with the Toshiba Satellite. I'm dreading the day that mine eventually won't allow me to unlock it anymore.

Thanks in advance
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 11, 2016 at 05:37 PM
does an external USB mouse work when it "locks".

It's unclear if the whole computer "locks" or just the mouse functions.
multiple__scelrosis__fighter Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 10, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2016
Jun 11, 2016 at 09:44 PM
I don't have an external mouse, so I can't test that out. But the mouse on my keyboard while lock on it's own (the light on F5 lights up to tell me it's been locked). I have to click F5 to unlock it. It happens about 3 times a day now. Same thing happened to our other laptop, and it eventually stayed on and I can't unlock it. Now that laptop is a paperweight. I'm just worried that the same thing is going to happen to this one as this is how the other one started. I will say that it happens more often now since switching from Windows 8 to 10. Can't wait until I can afford a Macbook or something else other than a Windows machine.