USB pen drive

Closed
Vishwajeet - Jun 23, 2016 at 07:48 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jun 23, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Hello,

I have done all the method that u told but my pen drive was corrupt, so, tell me can i used that pen drive in future.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jun 23, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Hello Vishwajeet,

Can you share please, what type of methods have you performed to test the USB drive? Are you completely sure that the USB is corrupt? If it's that so, you can't use it in the future or at least you can't rely to store any data safely on it.
If there's a chance the flash to be working, you can perform a full erase of it and try to reformat it again. You can that through the Windows tool DISKPART.
Please try these commands:
1. Open the Command Prompt
2. Press DISKPART
3. Then type LIST DISK
4. When you see a list of disks, you should select carefully the disk because you could delete information from another one. You can orient yourself on the capacity of the USB unit. If you have other drives, the flash may be number 3, for example. If you don't have other drives, then the local hard disk should be disk 0 disk and USB disk 1. Then, write SELECT DISK 1
5. If you put the message "Disk 1 is now the selected disk", write CLEAN This will remove all information and zeros will erase your USB. Then format the flash drive in FAT32 format.
You could also use the Linux Live CD to try to access the USB to delete it.

Hope that I helped.