WD 2TB External Hard Disk takes time te get detected and copies

Closed
Sammy - Jul 19, 2016 at 06:44 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jul 19, 2016 at 08:39 AM
Hello,
I have WD 2TD External hard disk.it was working perfectly for more than 2years but lately it take hell lot of time to get detected more than half an hour and the copy rate is very slow just around 35kb/s. I have very important stuff in my hard disk so cant risk to loose the data.
i tried changing the USB cable and tried on other laptops as well but still this problems persists. Could anyone please suggest me how to get rid of this issue?
Thanks in Advance.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jul 19, 2016 at 08:39 AM
Hi Sammy,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD hard drive. Trying it on another PC and with another cable was a great decision. Sadly, if there is no result, there may be a serious problem with the drive. Are there any noises coming from the drive? It is highly important to backup all important data. Is it taking too long?
Try doing it on Safe Mode or using a Linux Live version. No installation is required, you only need to download one and boot it from a USB. Let me know if there is any progress!

Hope this helps