Laptop won't charge or turn on

Closed
Vin - Jul 27, 2016 at 09:52 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jul 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Hi,
So my laptop just stopped charging. Initially I had to adjust my adapter repeatedly for it to charge so I bought a new adapter which didn't fix it. It gradually got harder to charge until one day it stopped completely. I have tried removing the battery and plugging it in but that didn't work.

I also tried replacing the power jack which didn't fix it either. What should I do next ?

I have an Acer Aspire V5
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Hello Vin,

If you are not able to start the laptop even when changing the battery and the power cord, probably the issue is within the motherboard itself. You should bring your laptop to a PC technician to test it, but before that, you could take out the hard drive. Please, do so only if your laptop is out of warranty, otherwise, it would void the warranty.
Once you have taken out the HDD, you can connect it as an external hard drive via SATA-USB adapter, you could try to extract the data from it in order to make a backup on different place. If your MB needs replacement, you should reinstall the OS once again when you get the new one.

Best of luck.

Western Digital representative