Wireless and sound problem

Closed
dluv - May 1, 2009 at 04:34 AM
 dluv - May 1, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Hello,
pls my laptop is HP pavillion dv2000 and it came with vista but i now change it to windows XP now and since then the sound is not coming up again and the wireless internet is not working also.
Related:

3 responses

Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 11
May 1, 2009 at 05:03 AM
Sounds like you'll need to go and get the drivers from HP support pages, however I've noticed a lot of people with this model with same issues suggesting XP support on HP doesnt have the XP drivers for certain laptops that are sold as Vista ones.

I don't honestly know why everyone deletes Vista, it is not the hardware hog people are told, and it's networking features are mile better as is the driver support and stability. Personally I'd put Vista back on if thats what it came with, and simply apply the performance tweaks that are plentyful on google.

If you really must have nasty OLD XP, then you may well run into issues as microsoft has abandoned XP for updates etc as of last month, all XP will get now is security patches no more service packs etc.
chuppachupps Posts 12 Registration date Saturday January 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2009
May 1, 2009 at 06:32 AM
hi,
try this link to get all the drivers that you need for your computer:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1817074
so how can i get the driver now?becos this is giving me alot of problem nw