Hey everybody I have Toshiba laptop no hard drive found HELP

Closed
drp7847372 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 1, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2016 - Sep 1, 2016 at 08:28 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 1, 2016 at 09:56 AM
i dont know if I was in my settings or exactly what happened, but I power up my laptop and try to go into windows and cant. My friend did a diagnostic on it and it is saying NO DRIVER FOUND. Is there anyway this could be solved and I am hoping if I can my Windows xp is still in my laptop and not gone...anyway PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR INPUT...TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 1, 2016 at 09:56 AM
Hi drp,

When you press your power button and the PC starts to load, open the BIOS menu. Check if the hard drive is recognized. If the drive is missing in BIOS, that means that the drive has failed or there is a connectivity issue. Either way, if your PC is under warranty, contact the seller and ask for guidance.
If warranty has expired, open the PC and check if the hard drive is correctly placed. If you have the option, connect the drive in a desktop PC as a secondary storage drive. Try to access the drive. If it is possible, backup all important data. If the drive is not accessible even on another PC, you may need to replace the drive and reinstall Windows.

Hope this helps