No signal.

Closed
Cookiidome - Sep 16, 2016 at 11:21 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 23, 2016 at 07:03 PM
Hello,

Hi,

My PC crashed about a week ago and went to a blue screen. It kept doing this, so I brought a new processor to replace it. I have done this but now it turns on and everything looks fine lights up/ fans are moving but it keeps saying nk signal I have tried 2 different USB keyboard ad all different USB ports still says no signal. Why is this?

6 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2016 at 05:02 PM
Ok, so you replaced the CPU? Did you put paste back on it?

The keyboard and mouse are not going to control the video signal. It is the video that says no signal right?

Have you checked your connections? Do you have two video outputs? Use the one that is not on the motherboard if you have two. Is it possible you could test with a TV or something? Make certain to change the input on the TV if you test with it.

If you were to press the On Screen Display menu on the monitor, what does it do? Does it display another menu?

Hi,

There's one VGA cable in to my monitor and one HDMI to a TV. Should I unplug one and use the other. When I turn the PC on it don't display on the PC monitor nor TV. Just says nk signal
Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2016 at 05:54 PM
Use the VGA.

Does the monitor OSD button work?
Yes but when I turn it on it just displays "no signal" then goes black. When I press the menu button it don't do anything. Tried with a TV and the same thing happens. Is it possible the mother board is broke even tho the processor fan is spinning?
Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2016 at 06:03 PM
If you are pressing the menu button on your monitor, and no internal menu is popping up, then 90% certain it is the monitor. If the MB was bad, it would beep, or lights would flash! Did you change the TV input to VGA or PC after hooking it up?
Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2016 at 06:04 PM
Did you use an ESD strap when you where changing out CPU'S?
Hi, yes I did use a ESD strap. I use tried a other monitor and it still don't display the the boot up connected via VGA and I use a HDMI cable with the TV and used the channel 'HDMI'

What beep sound? When I boot it up it does beep twice.
Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2016 at 06:35 PM
Beeping occurs when the hardware finds a failure on POST (power on self test). If it beeps then you have a hardware failure. The beeps are motherboard specific, usually. Two beeps is one of those codes, that can mean different things. Take the Ram out, and see if you get a different beep.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney
Hi,

It didt sound like it was coming from the mother board so I unplugged the DVD drive and now when it turns on there's no beeping sound. What does this mean.

However it still don't display the sign in/boot up sequence on my monitor. Really confused.
Also when I plug in a led keyboard/Moise it flashes on and off (usually should stay on) also tested all USB ports

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2016 at 07:03 PM
Flashing is bad! The MB is bad, 99.99% certain, you failed to mention these details!

Sorry, but yes, the MB is gone!
Well it flashes on then off and thats it. Does that mean its 100% dead. The processor fan still runs and USB port work to charge my phone but can the mother board still be dead?

Thanks for all the help
Blocked Profile
Sep 16, 2016 at 07:15 PM
Does it even display a bios boot (press F2 or something like that)? IF not, then Yes, it is dead.

Get a cheap replacement on EBAY, just make certain you either, not pay alot, or they take returns!
Alright, already placed a bid on one. Should get it for around £25 hopefully. And they do take returns.

And no I can't even get the bios up :(

Anyway thanks for the help again
Hi,

Bought a new motherboard and still don't display the bios or start up screen. Fans/lights still run. Would the last option be to replace the ram?

I have tested the hard drive with another one and still the same problem the last thing would be the RAM and I believe a faulty RAM won't let it boot up?
Blocked Profile
Sep 23, 2016 at 07:03 PM
At this point, test for beeps again. Remove all devices, including ram. Keeping adding in hardware until it no longer beeps. Sorry for long delays in response.