Sometimes Computer Boots Normally, Sometimes It Doesnt

Closed
TheLungy - Sep 19, 2016 at 11:27 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM
Hello all,

I've run into a problem that I really don't know the answer too.

This started acting up around 3 or so months ago, but the situation is this:

Some days I'll boot the computer up and itll be good to go, HDD LED flickers Win10 boots up and it's all fine and dandy.

But other days, when I turn it on the computer boots up, LEDs and fans all light up, power being supplemented to the GPU. But the HDD LED at the front bezel doesn't turn on, and the computer doesn't get past a black screen. No beep codes, no error messages, just nothing, and it stays like this until you restart (left it on overnight, didn't boot). But sometimes if I flick the io power switch off then on for the PSU, it'll sometimes boot.

There has been a couple times where Ive sat for 4 or so minutes flicking power off, unplugging and replugging, and turning it back on before it actually booted. It's very sporadic in its behavior, maybe faulty HDD/PSU or a certain BIOS setting I changed by accident??

Thanks in advance.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 19, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Do you have all of the latest updates applied? Sometimes it seems that your PC might not be doing anything, but it is really applying updates!
I do have all latest updates applied, just went through with a fresh install of win10.
Blocked Profile
Sep 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM
If you just went through it, then it will take a while for all of the updates to get applied. Be patient!