Laptop went into sleep mode and won't wake up [Solved/Closed]

-
 Srinu -
Hello,

I have a Compaq laptop with Windows Vista and a few days ago it went into sleep mode. Now, it will is not coming out of this mode!

I have tried hitting every key and I get nothing. I have removed the battery and tried restarting it. The power comes on and the screen stays blank. After a few seconds, it turns itself off and reboots.

I pressed ESC a few times and it will stay on but nothing happens. It just stays blank.

Any Ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
System Configuration: Configuration: Windows Vista
Related:

12 replies

Hey,

Same thing happened with me. My computer was not coming out of the Sleep Mode. But, to resolve this problem, this is what I did:
  • Turn on the computer, then wait for sometime. You will hear that the computer is turning it on and off.
  • Wait for this process until it has not turned it on and off for three times.
  • Be attentive on the third shut off. Right after it shuts down, you have to press and hold the off button, to force it to shut down. After it, wait for about 10 minutes.
  • After it, when you turn the computer on, the display screen should lit and come out of the Sleep Mode.
  • In case, it is not fixed, repeat it!

But, if it does not come out of the mode after trying this method for two or three times, you should consult with the service center.

Hope, it helps!
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 4715 users have said thank you to us this month

Okay there might be a solution that worked for me. I also have a Windows Vista Compaq laptop and I was experiencing the same problem. What you should do is turn it off manually. If your laptop dosn't after that. then hit the power button once and wait 5 seconds then hit it again but do not turn it off. It should go back to regular settings and work.
Try to download the latest drivers for the video and the chipset, that worked for one hp pavilion with vista home OS, we tryed every possible and even reinstaled the video drivers but seems wern't the wrong ones, any way it's already solved.
Our opinion is that some updates from microsoft are doing something whit it.
when I accident click sleep mode, I tried to mouse move but its not working. so what I should to do? so now tried push power on the computer turned off for 5 sec then the computer went off. Then i

push computer turned on again....its working

! because I can hear the computer making noises and I can see the lights are on. If your keyboard not have lab on say "power"....tried used power the computer turned off then will back on again :)

hope this can help :)
Take out the battery and run on AC power only. That works for me !!
Hi- This kept happening to my dell laptop (which also runs vista). The guys at dell were able to remotely uninstall and reinstall my Display adapter (in the Control Panel, under Device Managers). This seems to have worked. My dispay adapter was named Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. It's not clear whether there was an update or patch that could have fixed this....
My new laptop that runs on vista is doing the exact same thing. How do I contact Dell to see if I'm having the same problem as you?
press the power button for one second (no longer)

or, you can always try to hold the power button down for 5 full seconds
this will power down the laptop
then press the power button again & see if that works for you
I inherited an HP laptop w/Vista because of the same issue. Based on what I read online, Vista was the linking factor in all the posts, even after upgrading to 7. I ended up reformatting the HD and doing a completely fresh install of XP and then 7 (couldn't boot directly from my 7 disk). I'm back on 7 now and just woke it up from sleep without a problem!! Hope this helps those still suffering with this issue!!
hello.
ive just been on the game sims and right in the middle of playing it the monitor switches it slelf of and when I try to switch it back on it won't. however when I press the menu or volume buttom which is on the monitor the menu thing pops up but still has the black background. Also when I take the menu thing off the screen then another sign will pop up and says monitorer going into sleeping mode. I have tried unplugging the monitor and then putting it back into the monitor and then I tried to turn the monitor on again but there was no repsones. please can you help?
hi, your computer may be going to sleep because it's battery is not holding a charge. Try taking the battery out and plugging in the power pak and then powering on the machine. If it powers up you might most likely have a bad battery. Some computers won't power on without the battery in place. depends on the maker. Try another battery if possible , charged would help. If the battery is good, but not charged, the internal battery charger may be gone.
hi nimue_nightgoddess,

when I accident click sleep mode, I tried to mouse move but its not working. so what I to do? so now tried power the computer turned off for 5 sec then the computer went off. Then I
push computer turned on again....its working
! because I can hear the computer making noises and I can see the lights are on. If your keyboard not have lab on say "power"....tried used power the computer turned off then will back on again :)

hope this can help :)
Nimue, google "laptop wake up resolved"