Laptop stuck in sleep mode [Solved/Closed]

GB - Mar 13, 2010 at 08:29 PM - Latest reply:  SephGamer
- Dec 26, 2015 at 07:28 AM
Hello,
I put my dell xps into sleep mode, and now it won't wake up. just get a balck screen with a flashing cursor. all diagnostics ok. just won't boot. any ideas please?
See more 

9 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Sooo... What if this DOESN'T work? For me, my laptop shows the "sleep mode" symbol light, the fan is running, discs I put into the drivebay make the sound of being read, but the laptop doesn't do anything. I've tried the discharge method above, even held the power button for over 5 minutes at one point, but to no avail. I disconnected the CMOS battery, even disconnected the hard drive, but still, when I turn the laptop on, on adapter or battery, The screen stays black (even on a separate monitor), the "sleep mode" light is turned on, and the device simply doesn't respond to anything.

Thank you, SephGamer 17

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1831 users this month

closeup22 8931 Posts Friday May 15, 2009Registration date October 7, 2010 Last seen - Mar 14, 2010 at 06:20 AM
Thank you
Hi there,

Remove the battery ,then press and hold power button for 2 minutes and reseat battery after and plug also adapter and power on.

Thanks
Thank you for saving my sanity!
Thanks, it did work for me. REally good tip
Thanks you soooo much almost cryed and nearly had to buy a new computer thanks a million!
thanks alot..its work for my laptop too..
what is the procedure ? should I power off my laptop and then follow your instructions ?