Dell Inspiron 3452 will not start

Closed
Gracey_El_Pandito - Updated by Gracey_El_Pandito on 22/12/16 at 03:24 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 23, 2016 at 05:15 AM
Hello,
I factory reset my dell inspiron in order to get rid of everything so I could use it for personal purposes rather than work purposes. But it said that the reset failed and now keeps bringing me to a screen that says "your system seems to be having trouble starting. Dell supportAssist is scanning your hardware for a possible cause" but after it scans it says no problems, this keeps happening and I'm not sure how to fix my computer, it's the holidays and I don't have the money to purchase a new laptop please help!
Related:

2 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 23, 2016 at 04:56 AM
Hey Gracey,

Does your laptop still have a warranty? If it does not, my idea is to open the lappy and to reset the BIOS. If not, please try do so by pulling out the CMOS battery. You must do that after you have unplugged the battery and the power cord of the laptop. Open the lid and localize the CMOS battery which lies next to the processor and it looks like a watch battery. If you have another CMOS battery, you can replace it with that. If you don't, leave your current battery aside and wait for some minutes for the electricity to discharge. Then, plug the CMOS battery back in and the power cord. Try to boot your laptop again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!