New Monitor Says "No Signal"

Closed
AJB_ Posts 3 Registration date Friday December 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2016 - Dec 23, 2016 at 08:16 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 5, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Hey everyone.
I recently moved and got a new computer, which I couldn't wait to set up once we finally got the internet working here. The computer itself is pre-built, fresh out of the box, and turns on/lights up perfectly fine. However, I have connected the HDMI cable in the correct spots on both the monitor and the computer itself, and it won't work properly. It keeps loading up to a screen that says "HDMI" then another that says "VGA," both in the top right. Then a screen saying "No Signal" in the middle pops up, and it goes to sleep mode. Any idea why this may be? Thanks in advance for any help.

My monitor is an Acer LED HD monitor.

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 23, 2016 at 10:43 AM
Hello AJB_

I have a couple of questions which, if you answer me, would give me more information about the problem.
1. Have you tested the monitor on another PCs to see if it will work there?
2. How many video outputs do you have?
3. Have you tried connecting another monitor to your PC?
Please, come to the topic whenever you have the option.

Cheers.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
AJB_ Posts 3 Registration date Friday December 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2016
Dec 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM
Hey. Thank you for the very quick response. It actually seems to be working fine now.

I hadn't tried anything with another monitor or PC due to the fact that they're another house and I've already gone through two other monitors in attempt to get those to work (however they wouldn't even connect properly through a cable, so here they don't really count).

I asked someone who I knew that knows a lot about computers and computer troubleshooting, and fortunately he was able to help me out with this issue in the meantime. It seems as if the problem was that there were two HDMI output options, and I had it connected to the internet one as opposed to the external video output near the bottom of the computer itself. Apparently the problem was with the computer instead of the monitor, but it's working perfectly fine now.

Once again, thank you for your help. Happy holidays to you too!
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > AJB_ Posts 3 Registration date Friday December 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2016
Jan 5, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Hey,

I'm really happy that it works. :)

Thanks.