Sony 16 GB, not able to format or insert any data

Closed
August - Updated by Ambucias on 27/12/16 at 05:10 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 6, 2017 at 05:32 AM
Hello,
my pen drive is Sony 16 GB, which is not able to format or insert any data to it. I tried many ways to format it but not succeed, also i tried registry editor. Which is showing the write protection value is not set, but when i tried to format it saying "the pen drive is write protected.
so please help me to solve this priblem.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jan 6, 2017 at 05:32 AM
Hello August,

Can you, please share the different ways of formatting that you used? It's interesting to know if anything has happened to the USB flash prior to the error that it appears now, when you connect it to the PC.
Have you tried with different programs and tools? Have you tested the option with Diskpart? If not, please try these commands:
1. Open the Command Prompt
2. Press DISKPART
3. Then type LIST DISK
4. When you see a list of records, you should select which disk to be cleaned carefully, because you could delete the information from another one. You can orient yourself on the capacity of the USB flash unit. If you have other drives, the flash may be number 3, for example. If you have other drives, then the local hard disk should be disk 0 disk and USB card 1. Then, write SELECT DISK 1
5. If you put the message "Disk 1 is now the selected disk", write CLEAN This will remove all information and zeros will erase your USB. Then format the flash drive in FAT32 format.
You could also use the Linux Live CD to try to access the USB to delete it.

Hope I gave you an idea.