Sony vaio e- series laptop self turn off,its totally dead

Solved/Closed
Mahesh kumar - Feb 15, 2017 at 04:54 AM
 roger - Mar 30, 2017 at 05:06 PM
Hello,

My vaio e series laptop turn off automatically while running.its totally dead no power no response at all.i tried all steps suggested here but no response at all.the person at sony center said its board problem n should be replaced without even opening laptop.its too costly...can anyone help...m just a student.

Any possible solutions r welcome.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:58 AM
Hello Mahesh,

Unfortunately, the thing the technician said to you is most probably correct – the motherboard of the laptop has failed and needs replacement. Nevertheless, you could try one last thing.
Pull the charger and the battery out from the laptop. Then press the power button and wait for about 30 secs. After that, try to boot the laptop with only the charger plugged in.
If nothing changes and the warranty of your laptop has expired I suggest you to take out the hard drive and try to connect it to another computer through SATA-USB cable. If your hard drive spins up on a different computer and it is recognized there, but cannot power up on your laptop, then the problem is hiding probably in the power supply unit on your motherboard. While on another PC, I suggest you to make a backup of your files, because in case of a MB replacement, you would need to reinstall the operating system once again.

Good luck!

Thank you @KY_WD . M satisfied by ur explanation of the problem...sure go for replacement of MB.

Thank you again
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Mahesh kumar
Feb 16, 2017 at 09:46 AM
Thank so much for the good words! :)
I had same problem and tried the following procedure below.. It worked for me. But now I will be looking for a new LapTop anyway. Can't trust this one anymore.
===================================================

1. Remove the battery and cable.

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds.

3. Replug power supply and batery. Press start button.