WD Hard Drive has made a new folder

Closed
Corsa40 - Updated by xpcman on 18/02/17 at 07:29 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 20, 2017 at 03:41 AM
Hello,
My Western Digital hard drive seems to have made a new folder and moved a lot of my movies over to it. This file does show when plugged into my computer but I cannot access it, but when plugged into my smart tv, I can access it and delete the films that way, problem only came to light when it said I had no more storage. Also it has just created a Misc file which does not show on the computer, but does on the tv... Any ideas??

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 20, 2017 at 03:41 AM
Hi Corsa40,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD hard drive. I would recommend you to test the hard drive on another PC and with another USB cable. So, the drive is recognized by the PC and you can see the files inside but you cannot make changes, right? I would advise you to run the Command Prompt and type the following command:
Chkdsk L: /r

Replace the L with the drive’s letter and wait for the process to end. If you can, try to backup all important files and to format the drive. Once you have done it, download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic from the link below and test the drive for errors:
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=k9ZytY

Hope this helps