Urgent, my keyboard types numbers and letters [Solved/Closed]

Hottie - May 17, 2009 at 05:46 PM - Latest reply:  Nisha
- Apr 11, 2018 at 01:27 AM
Hello, my keyboard for my desktop0 types numbers and letters at the same time. How can I fix this?
e.g he3llo9, i8 am ho9tti8e3. Pleassseee help me.
See more 

36 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Press the "fn" and "num lk" at the same time. you may have accidentally pressed those two by accident. hope this helps

Thank you, vince 116

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1719 users this month

I was having the same problem and just did what you suggested and it fixed the problem. Thanks
Thanks so much. Thought I might go mad.....
Love u dude, helps a lot, XD
Thank you
Hey for mine also just nw..Fn+F11....corrected the problem.mine is acer...thanku all
ratheesh sukumar - Jan 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM
thanks..............................................................
H_i guys
_i have the same problem with HP

&a&aézéz"e"e'r'r (duble caractere for one key
thks
MISFORTUNE TYPER - Feb 5, 2013 at 04:46 PM
thnk you T.T
Thanks very, very much. Fn+F11 solved the problem
That worked, thanks
Thank you
my key board types number and letter
Thank you
Hey, I had a similar problem, in that some letters were typed at the same time. I got it solved at the moment, by following the instructions in this thread:

http://ccm.net/forum/affich 24692 keyboard mess up after shift key held too lon

i.e. hold both shift keys for a few seconds.

I do not know why it works though, so just a tip.
thanks helped on the ee pc.
fn+f11 helped me as well!!!! I suggest that everyone just tries each suggestion till something works :)
what about on a mac?
Thanks a ton , it worked for my acer laptop.
press ctrl and shift
Thank you
I had had the same problem and tried all the suggested answers here without effect.

The one answer I haven't seen, here or elsewhere, which did work was to update the BIOS.

The keyboard problem appeared after I had cleaned out and reinstalled XP and installed Microsoft Office 2007 on an IBM laptop Z60m.

A superb techie spent three hours trying to find the answer. He found most of the answers suggested here, plus several others, including a Microsoft statement "recognizing the problem." Eventually, he tried updating the BIOS, which worked. But he thought of that himself. Nowhere did he find anything suggesting updating the BIOS.

FWI.
Thank you
thank u , 100 %
Thank you
thankyou so much that really helped