-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
-
Good day,

I hope there's somebody out there that can help me.
First let me say, I have my child's pictures and videos of birth until now on my hard drive - formatting is not an option!*

So, the usual way to access my hard drive, I connect it via USB port. On my computer window, it appears under hard disk drives. I double click and then the drive opens up and takes me to the software - i choose to unlock the drive and the window appears and asks for password. Once password is inserted and correct, the drive automatically opens up in a new window and all my data is shown.

Now, when I connect the drive and open up my computer, the drive name appears under devices with removable storage as a CD-drive. I double click to open, the same software is there to unlock. I choose to unlock and put in password. Then it opens up under hard disk drives as a different hard drive name e.g local disk (I:).

When I double click on it, it gives an error message: I:/ is not accessible. The Parameter is incorrect.

My brother-in-law checked the drive system properties and advanced system properties. It does show as disk drive.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Renette

1 reply

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
Hi,

Try unplugging the device, uninstalling the drivers, restarting the PC and plugging in the device. The OS should reinstall drivers. I would try the chkdsk /r, /f commands from the cmd. Some users seems to have pretty good success rate with this method. You should try accessing your files from another PC.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/technet-magazine/dd637756(v=msdn.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN - more about chkdsk commands
https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?DL - You can manually download the WD drivers.

Hope this helps