Dell latitude E5470 is hanging

Closed
toblek Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 24, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2017 - Jul 24, 2017 at 09:40 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 24, 2017 at 05:18 PM
The laptop sometimes hangs during its booting operation. However, when it comes up it tends to hang/freeze within 10 minutes. This will affect the audio and display, the display would then begin to show various regular and irregular patterns.

What could be wrong, how can I solve this??
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 24, 2017 at 05:00 PM
Boot it up and get an elevated command prompt (admin credentials). Type in SFC /SCANNOW and be patient, as this command can take a while to perform.
You must not stop it once it has started, so please do not do this as a quick fix. You are scanning for system files, and if it finds some stuff not in the correct place, it will fix them. Also, see if booting into safe mode speeds things up. If it does, then something in your startup isn't booting right. Try deleting the last thing you installed, or last two or three things if you have alot on the same date. Let us know if you need assistance with removing the programs!
toblek Posts 2 Registration date Monday July 24, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2017
Jul 24, 2017 at 05:09 PM
Thank you for you response,

Before now I tried booting into safe mode and it was up and I restored windows to an earlier date (a month back) but after this, this laptop hanged up again. I switched off using the power button and restarted. It worked again, resumed Into windows and it hanged up after about 15 minutes of work.
If it hangs, the display goes blank and then begin to show various pattern for couple of minutes, it may return to normal view afterwards but the mouse icon would be gone (inactive) hence a system reboot will be required.

What do you think is really wrong?
Blocked Profile
Jul 24, 2017 at 05:18 PM
It sounds like a heavily fragged up drive. Try to chkdsk after you run a SFC scannow!