It has been confirmed that Halo Infinite's official split screen mode will no longer be coming out, despite it being one of 343 Industries promises during production. Fans of the Halo series are understandably disappointed, however, thanks to a glitch that we hope 343 doesn't patch, allows you to play the Halo campaign with your friends. In this article we will explain the glitch that allows single player co op mode.
What are the requirements to play in co op mode?
To do this, it is essential that you have an Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console and, in addition, that you have an online user on your friends list.
How to play multiplayer campaign mode?
It had long been rumoured that a future Halo Infinite update would bring with it the addition of cooperative play in the campaign mode. Unfortunately, this never came to pass, and it has now been confirmed by 343 Industries that it won't happen, despite it being promised during the initial game release. After the general disappointment, the tweeter @HaloCreation, with the help of other Halo fans, shed some light and surprised everyone with a tutorial that allowed activating this game mode on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Follow-up on this, here's a quick tutorial on how to play #HaloInfinite Splitscreen Coop using a menu glitch found by @Zeny_IC!— Halo Création (@HaloCreation) September 3, 2022
(Kinda low effort, but it's 2AM, I'm tired, and it does contain everything you need to know to DIY! ) https://t.co/I1Cxx7YXqk pic.twitter.com/x0VAYW2tUh
- Go to the "Campaign" menu and load one of the saved game files.
- Click "Play" and get ready to go to the friends list online.
- After the countdown and as soon as the "Loading map" message appears, go to your friends list and join a friend who is inactive.
- Leave the Fireteam and select the "Custom Game" option. Choose the "Offline" option for the servers.
- Plug the relevant controllers into your console and click "Play." It's that easy!
How to play split screen in local cooperative multiplayer?
Fortunately, this option is included by default in the game, so Halo Infinite fans have not had to fight against all odds to enjoy split screen in the installment's multiplayer modes. In addition, it is a completely free mode and does not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription. The procedure is the next:
- Turn on the console and log in to controller one.
- Access the main menu of Halo Infinite.
- Next, sync the second controller to the console.
- Press the "Menu" button on the second controller and sign in with a second Xbox account.
- Finally, the first player must access the "Multiplayer" menu and choose one of the modes. Clever!
- Regarding the number of players allowed in split screen, on the Xbox One console a maximum of 2 users can play and on Xbox Series X|S up to 4.
How to play split screen on PC?
Currently this option is not available on PC. All that remains is to wait with fingers crossed for 343 Industries to decide to incorporate split screen into Halo Infinite for PC or for some network visionary to take action into their own hands.