The desktop background, also referred to as the desktop wallpaper, can be customized according to your needs and preferences. It only takes a few minutes to change the desktop background for Windows.The wallpaper can be changed in one of two ways. In this article, we'll take you through both methods step by step.
What is a desktop background?
The desktop background is the image or wallpaper used as the backdrop on a computer screen. Wallpaper is the common term used for designating the graphical interface in Microsoft Windows.
How to change the desktop background?
The simplest way to change your desktop background is to select and right-click on the picture you wish to set as your background. Choose Set as Desktop Background:
There are three ways to set your picture background: in tiles, in the center, and stretched.
On Windows 95, 98, and previous versions, you can also right-click on your desktop and select Display Properties:
In the window that opens, click Desktop. Here you can also choose to select your background and even browse pictures to be set as the background. Under Position, you can choose to set your background as you wish for it to appear (i.e. Tiles, Center, Stretched).
How to change the desktop background on Windows 10?
To change your desktop background in Windows 10, click the Windows icon > Settings > Personalization > Background:
Next, click the drop-down menu underneath Background to select what type of background you would like to have. The choices are Picture, Solid Color, or Slideshow:
To make your background a picture, select Picture, then scroll down and click Browse to choose which photo on your hard disk you'd like to have as your background. If you don't like the display of the photo, click Choose a Fit to modify it.
How to change the desktop background on Windows 7?
To change your desktop background while running Windows 7, start by right-clicking a blank portion of your desktop and clicking Personalize. Select Desktop Background at the bottom-left of the window.
You can choose a background from the default ones presented to you, or you can Browse your hard disk to select a personal image. Once you are done, click Save Changes and close the window.
How to change the desktop background for all users on Windows?
If you manage a large network of Windows computers and would like to change the desktop background on all of them, you don't need to do so individually.
Start by going to the Start Menu and typing Run into the search bar. Then, type gpedit.msc into the field before clicking OK:
Next, click User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper > Enabled:
Now, enter the source of the image that you'd like to use as a desktop background in the field next to Name. Then, click Apply to save your changes, and OK to close the window.
How to change desktop background on Mac?
You can change your desktop background on Mac quite easily.
Open the Photos app, and select the photo that you would like to use as your desktop background. Right-click on it, then select Share > Set Desktop Picture:
If the image that you would like to use is already on your desktop, simply right-click on it and choose Set Desktop Picture:
- Write the steps to change the desktop background
- Write down the steps to change the wallpaper of the desktop
- Write down the steps to change the desktop background of the windows 7 desktop
- How to stop my Windows background from changing? > Guide
- Windows 7 Starter Background Changer > Download
- Write the steps on how to format a flash drive > Guide
- Opera mini desktop mode: on Android > Guide
- Change background on Teams: before or during meeting > Guide
- Soundtrack for web series and movies: free, download
- Transfer Mini DV to computer: with & without firewire
- GoPro turn off beep: 9, 10, Max, Hero
- Create an animated wallpaper: Windows 10, Android, iPhone
- PNG to ICO: converter, online, Windows 10
- How to make Philips DVD player region free
- ASPI drivers: Windows 10, download
- How to burn audio CD: Windows Media Player, without gaps
- Open SWF files in Windows and Android
- Resize an image: online, for free, without losing quality
- Enable shuffle mode on PotPlayer: on 64bit Mac
- Most anticipated albums of 2022: metal, rock, rap, hip hop
- Open PotPlayer in full screen?
- How to change image pixel size: on Mac, in Paint
- How to use Deezer: for free, offline
- How to put someone's face on a GIF: online, apps
- Unable to read MP4 videos in Winamp: how to fix
- The best voice changing apps
- What is a TIFF File used for?
- How to edit a video in Windows Story Remix
- The best free video editor tools
- Download movies free online: websites, 2022, without sign up