If you have found that your Samsung Smart TV becomes slow or unresponsive when you try to play games on a console connected via HDMI, you're not alone. Samsung foresaw this possibility and included a Game Mode in these devices. Here's how to activate Game Mode settings on Samsung Smart TVs on different models.
How to activate Game Mode on a Samsung Smart TV?
2017 - 2021 models
- Press the Home button on your remote and then choose Settings
- Go to the General tab and the choose External Device Manager.
- Select Game Mode Settings and press enter on your remote.
- Select Game Mode and press enter on your remote to turn this feature on or off.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Picture > Special Viewing Mode
- The toggle the Game Mode option ON.
2014 -2015 models
- Press the Menu button.
- Go to System > General.
- Toggle the Game Mode option ON.