With innovations in the software domain, it is possible to extract sound from a video. For this, the open and the free source multimedia player VLC is a must. The selection of Advanced Open File from the Media option in the VLC is the first step in the process of extracting sound from video. Then, the video has to be selected through the Add button and converted. Through the encapsulation method, the audio file format WAV has to be created. Once this file is made, it can be converted into MP3 format. It is now ready to play.
Extracting the sound from a video with VLC
allows you to extract the audio track from a video file.
- Click on Media, scroll to Advanced Open File.
- In the File Tab, click on Add and select the video.
- Click the Convert button (that's a tricky one, refer to the picture below).
- On the next window, enter the output path.
- Select the encapsulation method WAV
- Note: You can choose from several audio codecs for VLC.
Once the WAV
file is created, it is possible to convert it to a number of formats, including MP3
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by Jeff