VLC media player is a free and lightweight application that can play almost all video and audio file formats. This article will explain how to add and select subtitles using .srt files in VLC.
Add an .srt file
- Open VLC and open the video you want to add the subtitles to.
- At the upper menu, click on Subtitle > Add Subtitle File...
- Locate the .srt file you want to add and click on Open.
Select an .srt file
- Make sure VLC is opened and the video is launched.
- At the upper menu, click on Subtitle > Sub Track and select the subtitle track you want
any more questions about vlc? check out our forum!
- How to add subtitles in VLC: Windows, macOS, Linux > Guide
- How to sync subtitles in vlc > Guide
- LG TV subtitles: turn on, won't turn off, format > Guide
- How to use KMPlayer: change language, add subtitles, etc. > Guide
- Add subtitles to video: Android, free > Guide
- VLC zoom: video, shortcut, not working, in full screen, mac
- VLC record YouTube stream
- How do I download cover art in VLC?
- Extract audio from video using VLC
- How to change screen size in VLC
- Customize settings of the mouse wheel in VLC
- Increase VLC volume: more than 200, to 400
- VLC Android: add network directory
- How to enable headphone surround effects in VLC
- VLC won't play YouTube videos: what to do?
- Repair AVI files in VLC: damaged or incomplete
- Find and subscribe to podcasts in VLC
- Display skip button on VLC player Android