Have you ever copied several movies to your smartphone, but VLC media player is not detecting them? Here's how to manually include a directory to VLC's media Library.
To add a directory to the VLC Media Library on Android:
Open the VLC app
- Tap on the menu key (3 horizontal dots) > Preferences.
- Tap on "Directories".
- Simply navigate to the directory or folder containing your media files.
Download VLC for Android
You can download the VLC media player for Android here.
- Vlc android add network directory
- Vlc android local network directory is empty
- Vlc android directory is empty
- How do I download cover art in VLC? > Guide
- Add subtitles to video: Android, free > Guide
- How to add subtitles in VLC: Windows, macOS, Linux > Guide
- Vlc android equalizer > Guide
- Android add photo shortcut to home screen > Guide
- VLC zoom: video, shortcut, not working, in full screen, mac
- VLC record YouTube stream
- Sync subtitles in VLC: Mac, Windows, Android
- Extract audio from video using VLC
- Customize settings of the mouse wheel in VLC
- How to change screen size in VLC
- Increase VLC volume: more than 200, to 400
- VLC won't play YouTube videos: what to do?
- How to enable headphone surround effects in VLC
- Repair AVI files in VLC: damaged or incomplete
- Find and subscribe to podcasts in VLC
- Display skip button on VLC player Android
- How to add subtitles in VLC: .srt files