Java - The update tab is missing from the Java Control Panel
You want to update Java manually, but the Update tab is missing from the Java Control Panel? Here's how to access it.
If you are using Windows 8, you can try making a search (Start Screen) for the following term: Java
Click on "Check for Updates" to access the Update tab.
Via the registry:
- Click on Start > Run
- Type the following command and press Enter: "regedit".
- Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > JavaSoft > Java Update > Policy".
- Create a DWORD (32-bit) value and named it as "EnableJavaUpdate".
- Set its value (value type - hex) to 1 to display the Update tab.
- Set its value to 0 to hide the Update tab from the Java console.
Published by deri58
Latest update on May 5, 2014 at 03:41 AM by deri58.